UNDERSTANDING MY WATERSHED
Need to finish thinking through here but maybe something like the following….
– WHAT IS IT? WHAT IS A WATERSHED
– WHERE IS IT? MAP OF WATERSHED, W PHOTOS AT KEY LOCATIONS SHOWING WHAT THINGS LOOK LIKE AT (TOP OF WATERSHED, CONFLUENCE, PCMS, COMANCHE, ETC. Where do YOU live?
– WHO USES IT? WHO ARE THE WATER USERS AND STAKEHOLDERS? DIAGRAMS AND LISTS
- ECOLOGICAL – LIST OUT ALL THE ECOLOGICAL USERS – FISH, AQUATIC INSECTS, WILDLIFE, ETC
- Other I’m missing?
– HOW DOES IT WORK?
- OUR WORKING WATER – HOW WATER WORKS IN THE WATERSHED (e.g.irrigators, dam operations, municipal, agricultural, industrial, rain and snow precip, etc) (how water works in watershed diagram, have diff round bubbles for each major river user, then tell the story of each user w series of articles in the newspaper, then link to each article next to each user)
– WHAT DOES A HEALTHY RIVER LOOK LIKE? RIVER HEALTH & FUNCTION
- Ideal scenario
- realities in western rivers and purgatoire – water rights, etc
- where we are headed/what we are trying to accomplish – acknowledging it is a river that works hard for humans BUT we are working to determine where we can improve ecological function and health in balance with human needs/realities and for benefit of humans as well – e.g. improved flows for fish that also benefit recreationists and irrigators, etc
- ALSO HOW TO TIE THIS PIECE INTO WATERSHED HEALTH WEBPAGE??